DAGM GCPR | 2013
35th German Conference on Pattern Recognition, Saarbrücken
Young Researchers Forum
The following contributions have been accepted to the Young Researchers Forum at GCPR 2013:
- Action Recognition with HOG-OF Features
- Image Based 6-DOF Camera Pose Estimation with Weighted RANSAC 3D
- Symmetry-Based Detection and Diagnosis of DCIS in Breast MRI
Call for Contributions
As part of this year's GCPR 2013 (German Conference on Pattern Recognition, formerly known as DAGM Symposium) in Saarbrücken, GCPR again hosts a Young Researchers Forum (YRF) dedicated to the presentation of outstanding achievements during Bachelor-, Masters- or Diploma studies, or during the first year after graduation. The forum provides an opportunity for young scientists to give an early presentation of their research work. Participants in the past were fascinated by the spirit at the conference and highly motivated to continue working in the field of computer vision and pattern recognition.
Young researchers are encouraged to submit papers to the Young Researchers Forum. If selected, the work will be published in the GCPR 2013 conference proceedings and presented at a poster session. In addition, the selected participants will receive free admission to GCPR 2013.
Requirements for submission to YRF:
- Participation is allowed for students and young researchers who have graduated from their bachelor, master or diploma studies after April 30th, 2012.
- Submission deadline:
April 5, 2013April 19, 2013
- Submission are of up to 6 pages in Springer LNCS style and must be written by a single author. In contrast to standard GCPR submissions the YRF submissions are reviewed single blind (i.e. contributions are not anonymized), and we do not require a payed registration to include selected papers in the proceedings.
- Submission must be recommended by the thesis supervisor (Professor) in a separate statement. In addition, the name of the recommending supervisor must be added in a footnote on the first page of the submission (Text: recommended for submission to YRF2013 by ...)
Submissions to the YRF are submitted via the GCPR 2013 CMT system and the thesis supervisor's recommendation has to be submitted as supplemental material.
We are looking forward to receiving your YRF submissions.
Joachim Weickert (General Chair)
Matthias Hein, Bernt Schiele (Program Chairs)